GRECC Related Links
The intended audience of this web page includes Veterans, GRECC Faculty, and Staff.
- American Geriatrics Society (AGS) - The American Geriatrics Society (AGS) is a not-for-profit organization of over 6,700 health professionals devoted to improving the health, independence and quality of life of all older people. *
- Brighton Gardens - Sunrise Senior Living Community *
- LDS Hospital Geriatric Services - The LDS Hospital Geriatrics Clinic interdisciplinary team applies best practices to provide patient-centered, coordinated care for older adults with multiple conditions and complex social needs. The Clinic also includes expert care for patients with dementia in assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and counseling. *
- Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Centers (MIRECC) - The MIRECCs conduct research and produce clinical educational programs and products but generally provide direct clinical treatment to veterans only in the context of research protocols.
- National Institute on Aging - NIA leads a broad scientific effort to understand the nature of aging and to extend the healthy, active years of life. NIA is designated as the primary Federal agency on Alzheimer’s disease research.
- Parkinson's Disease, Research, Education and Clinical Centers (PADRECC) - As the largest healthcare system in the nation, the VA treats approximately 40,000 veterans with Parkinson's disease (PD) each year and has launched a wide scale campaign to revolutionize available services for veterans with PD and related movement disorders.
- University of Utah - Center on Aging - The Center on Aging provides the focal point uniting aging-related research, education, and clinical programs at the University of Utah. *
- University of Utah - Division of Geriatrics - The Division of Geriatrics is actively expanding its research, education, and clinical programs. The Division is the academic home for Geriatric Medicine within the University of Utah School of Medicine. *
- Utah Aging Alliance - The UAA promotes the exchange of ideas and information about aging, facilitates collegial relationships among its members through formal and informal forums, and promotes the knowledge of aging through research and its use in areas of practice and in the development of public policy. *
- VA National GRECC - The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) initiated a strategy in the mid 1970's to focus attention on the aging veteran population, to increase the basic knowledge of aging, to transmit that knowledge to health care providers, and to improve the quality of care to the aged.
- VA Research and Development - Learn about some of the research being done by VA researchers. Discover the many research programs throughout the country or learn about participating in a research study.
* These links will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites. The link will open in a new window.