VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
VASLC switching to new online scheduling app
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System is switching the way Veterans schedule their appointments online. Currently, Veterans enrolled at VASLCHCS schedule, cancel, and change appointments online through My Online Patient Self-Scheduling (myOPSS), but starting October 18, 2018, Veterans will use the self-scheduling application VA Online Scheduling (VAOS).
Under VAOS, Veterans need to be enrolled in VA health care and have a My HealtheVet Premium account. You will see a “Schedule a VA Appointment” option on your dashboard when you log in. You can access online scheduling any time you use My HealtheVet.
With online scheduling you can:
- Self-schedule primary care appointments at medical center and community clinics if you have had a primary care appointment in the past two years.
- Request help scheduling primary care appointments where you receive care.
- Self-schedule or request help scheduling outpatient mental health.
- View and cancel appointments and requests.
- Send messages about requested appointments to schedulers and receive notifications.
You can refill prescriptions, check your medical records, send Secure Messages and schedule an appointment in the same session.
If you need help with online scheduling, please dial 1-877-470-5947. For TTY assistance, dial 711. The Help Desk is open Monday-Friday between 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CT.