VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
Patient education is an important part of your health care during clinic visits, hospitalization and following discharge from the hospital. You and your family should understand your medical condition; treatment choices and the self-care practices that will help you deal with your condition as effectively as possible. Make sure you write down any questions you have about your medical condition and donâ€™t hesitate to ask your health care provider or nurse for educational materials and resources to help with your self care.
New Veterans Orientation
Our 2010 New Veterans Orientation is offered to give you the information that you need to know on how to access your benefits.Â Learn more about New Veterans Orientation.
Krames Patient Education
Krames Online is the most up-to-date, multimedia patient education resource.Â With access to more than 5,000 articles relating to health and medication, Krames Online allows you and your family the ability to find answers to most questions, both big and small.Â Â Learn more about Krames Patient Education.
My HealtheVet is an online service provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs to help veterans become involved in their own care. It can be accessed from any computer connected to the internet. Identity verification must be done at a VA medical center or clinic to access some of the information. Some of the features include:
- Submit prescription refill orders online
- Check the status of refill orders
- Access sources of health information available in the Health Info section
- Create, maintain and control your own personal health journal
- Monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- Many other features are also available
- For more information please visit theÂ My HealtheVet website.Â If you do not have access to the internet, computers are available in the library at the medical center.
MOVE! Weight Management Program
Veterans interested in losing weight may be eligible to enroll in a comprehensive weight management program called MOVE!. The program includes a patient evaluation, individualized patient education information, goal setting with a registered dietitian and participation in weight management group classes. Other weight management health services may also be available. If you are interested, contact your primary health care provider or one of the dietitians in primary care.