VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
Pharmacy Resident Salary and Benefits
The resident in our program is considered a federal full-time employee with a salary and benefit package. Salary is paid by the VA Office of Academic affiliations and rates may increase depending on the current year allocation rate. In addition, residents accrue annual/sick leave and other benefits listed below.
- Salary (Stipend): 2016 stipend was $41,198 for first year residents and $44,552 for second year residents.
- Health benefits: Information about Federal Employment Benefits can be accessed from the following link: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/Guide-Me/New-Prospective-Employees/
- These benefits include:
- Government Health Care Medical Plan.
- Option for dental and life insurance.
- **Resident is not vested and does not have a 401K or matching fund benefit during their residency year.
- 11 paid holidays.
- Annual/sick leave that accrues at a rate of 4/4 hours per pay period, which is approximately 13 days for annual leave and 13 days for sick leave per year.
- Travel stipend to attend ASHP Midyear Conference and Mountain States Residency Conference as travel funds allow
- ** Please note detailed information will be available onsite during orientation.
Return to Pharmacy Residency Program Home Page.