VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
The way we reimburse you for beneficiary travel has changed! Now your cash goes straight into your account Fill out the form for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) today at our travel window.
The new beneficiary travel claim procedure is quick and easy. Once you have signed up for EFT:
Step 1: Fill out the claim form
Step 2: Turn it into the Cashier (no need to take a number and wait in line)
Step 3: Expect funds to be deposited into your account within 5-7 business days
Qualifications for Beneficiary Travel Benefits
Benefit Description: If a Veteran meets the criteria below, they may be eligible for mileage reimbursement of special mode transportation in association with obtaining VA health care services.
As part of our commitment to providing our Veterans with world class healthcare and services, and to comply with Department of Treasury requirements to process payments by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), the VA Medical Center in Salt Lake City, UT, has begun implementing Treasury requirements for EFT payment processing, including payments for Beneficiary Travel and Compensated Work Therapy. This change will improve services, provide significant savings to Veterans’ time by eliminating waiting in long lines, delays associated with check processing, and ensure a safe and efficient way to receive payments. Find out more by clicking here
Veterans Qualify if:
1. They have a service-connected (SC) rating of 30% or more, or
2. They are traveling for treatment of a SC condition, or
3. They receive VA Pension, or
4. Their income does not exceed the maximum annual VA Pension rate, or
5. They are traveling for a scheduled compensation or pension examination
Veterans Qualify for Special Mode Transportation (Ambulance, Wheelchair van, etc.) if:
1. Their medical condition requires an ambulance or a specially equipped van as determined by a VA clinician, and
2. They meet one of the eligibility criteria in 1 through 4 above, and
3. The travel is pre-authorized (authorization is not required for emergencies if a delay would be hazardous to life or health)
Myths about Travel Benefits:
Every Veteran qualifies for Travel Benefits. (No. Veterans need to qualify as listed above).
Veterans Do Not Have to COMPLETE first scheduled appointment (can not get benefit before completion of appointment).
Bus tokens or food vouchers are available. (This facility does not issue bus tokens or food vouchers).
Who can help with Veteran Questions?
Contact MaryAnne Mulvihill at (801)-582-1565 Ext. 1420 or David Hart at (801) 582-1565 Ext. 2474 for answers to additional questions and to sign up for direct deposit.
- Bldg. 1, Ground Floor
- 801-582-1565 Ext. 1420
- 801-582-1565 Ext. 2474
Hours of Operation
- 8:00am - 4:30pm