VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
Dental Service Mission and Vision Statement
The intended audience of this web page includes Veterans, Dentists, and Dental Students.
The Dental Service of the VA Salt Lake City Health Care System is committed to fulfilling its duty to America's veterans and their families through providing excellence in clinical care and education. Our mission as described below is accomplished through the efforts of a dedicated and competent staff.
- The provision of dental care for eligible veterans
- The provision of medically adjunctive dental care
- The support of medical center programs
- The provision of education to general practice dental residents, dental hygiene students, fellows in geriatric dentistry, dental assisting students, and dental students
- The maintenance of skill and competence of staff through continuing education
- Accountability of leadership and attention to administrative responsibilities
- The provision of care in an efficient and cost effective manner without sacrificing excellence
The Dental Service at the Salt Lake City VAMC will accomplish the following:
- Provide an integral part of the patient's total health care
- Provide appropriate and quality care
- Provide a caring atmosphere
- Provide timely and efficient care
- Function as a team to maximize use of resources
- Advocate for eligibility reform/equitable access to dental care
- Provide holistic care
- Provide quality education for dentists, auxiliaries, trainees, and the community
- Make health promotion for patients a priority
VA embraces "Core Values" for all of our employees. We need values in place as the "backbone" for our health care system. These five core values (I.C.A.R.E.) are:
Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.